- This coffee has gained an extremely good popularity very fast worldwide and is currently the number 1 competition for INDUBAN company coffees.
- Instant coffee for busy and active people who just can’t go though the time-consuming process of greca-brewing or even waiting for the machine to complete. Just take hot water or milk and pour a scoup of this coffee in it, that’s it!
- This special coffee is 99.99% made of pure Dominican coffee beans and the other 0.01% is a flavor of chocolate.
- You get a coffee with a “background” taste of chocolate which doubles the excellent taste of nature.
- Ground: Roasted beans of coffee already ground for a faster preparation. The grind level is medium.
- Manufacturing company: J. Paiewonsky e Hijos, C. por A.
- Expiry date: 2 years from manufacturing date approximately (printed on the actual package but might be removed from these pictures).
- Labels of our company name, logo or website that might show in these pictures are watermarks and are not present on the actual product.
Basics of Coffee and Caffeine
- Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world, made from brewed water and roasted coffee beans, which are the seeds of berries from the Coffea plant.
- The earliest credible evidence of coffee-drinking, roasted and brewed in a similar way to how it is now prepared appears in the middle of the 15th century in the Sufi shrines of Yemen.
- Coffee seeds were first exported from East Africa to Yemen.
- It’s now cultivated in over 70 countries, primarily in the equatorial regions of the Americas, Southeast Asia, India, and Africa.
- The two most commonly coffee types grown are the highly regarded arabica, and the less sophisticated but stronger and more hardy robusta.
- Once ripe, coffee berries are picked, processed, and dried. Dried coffee seeds (referred to as beans) are roasted to varying degrees, depending on the desired flavor.
- Coffee is slightly acidic and can have a stimulating effect on humans because of its caffeine content.
- It can be prepared and presented in a variety of ways (e.g., espresso, French press, cafe latte, etc.). It is usually served hot, although iced coffee is also served.
- Health: The consensus in the medical community is that moderate regular coffee drinking in healthy individuals is either essentially benign or mildly beneficial. Researchers involved in an ongoing 22-year study by the Harvard School of Public Health stated that “Coffee may have potential health benefits, but more research needs to be done.”
- Coffee is the top agricultural export for numerous countries and is among the world’s largest legal agricultural exports.
- Nutrition: Brewed coffee from typical grounds prepared with tap water contains 40 mg caffeine per 100 gram and no essential nutrients in significant content. In espresso, however, likely due to its higher amount of suspended solids, there are significant contents of magnesium, the B vitamins, niacin and riboflavin, and 212 mg of caffeine per 100 grams of grounds.
- Storage: Coffee is best stored in an airtight container made of ceramic, glass, or non-reactive metal. Coffee freshness and flavor is preserved when it is stored away from moisture (away from the refrigerator), heat, and light. The ability of coffee to absorb strong smells from food means that it should be kept away from such smells.
- Caffeine is a central and autonomic nervous systems stimulant contained in many popular drinks like coffee, tea and cola.
- It is used to reduce physical fatigue and to prevent or treat drowsiness. It produces increased wakefulness, increased focus, and better general body coordination.
- Caffeine is the world’s most widely consumed psychoactive drug. Unlike many other psychoactive substances, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all parts of the world.
- Desired effects of caffeine begin approximately one hour after consumption, and a moderate dose usually subsides in about three or four hours.
- Caffeine is classified by the Food and Drug Administration as “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS).
Whole Bean vs Ground Coffee
Whole bean coffee offers unparalleled freshness and versatility. Freshness because once coffee is being ground it starts losing many of its aroma and properties at the process and it keeps degrading as time passes. The versatility is based on the fact that your beans can be ground specifically for your brewing method and needs, for example; you can grind beans coarsely for a French press or very finely for espresso. Whole beans really need to be good quality because customers are able to see each coffee bean they purchase (that’s one of the reasons why whole bean costs more).
On the other hand purchasing coffee that’s already ground provides some benefits that are sometimes more convenient for the regular consumer like: less equipment for preparing it, less process to get it done thus faster and easier preparation. Also customers enjoy a better price.